Copy/Paste text and images issue

Feb 24, 2015 at 11:05 PM
When copying an entire word document to paste in to a new article in KBVault, it pastes the text and placeholders for the images. Tried pasting in to the Paste from Word box as well.
Copying and pasting images one at a time without text does OK.
How can we copy and paste text and images together? We've tried IE, Firefox, and Opera.
Developer
Feb 27, 2015 at 3:34 PM
Please answer the questions below so I can better assist you:
  1. What version of Word?
  2. What format are the images? (.jpg .gif .tif)
  3. How are the images embedded into the Word document?
  4. How many pages/images are we talking about? (they may be still pasting from the clipboard)
Mar 2, 2015 at 10:22 PM
Edited Mar 2, 2015 at 10:23 PM
  1. We are using MS Office 2013.
  2. PNG, JPG
  3. They are originally copied from the Windows Snipping Tool and pasted in to the word documents we are trying to copy/paste in to KBVault.
  4. We've tried as little as a couple words selected with one picture and as much as an entire 7 page document with text and images.
This seems to only happen when we have an image selected with any amount of text. They will copy and paste just fine if we separate out the images and text in to different copy/paste operations, but that makes formatting a lot more work when we have these documents in word formated already,

Thanks for the responses to community questions, i'm glad to see developer's actually responding!
Developer
Apr 17, 2015 at 3:42 PM
Do you still have this issue with the latest version of the code?
Developer
Apr 28, 2015 at 7:55 PM
Any update on the status of this issue?
Apr 30, 2015 at 10:37 PM
I just wanted to mention I had similar issues.. after finding this post I realized there is a "paste from word" option ! tried that though and still had issues... it came up and mentioned my browser security was keeping Chrome from accessing my clipboard and would show another window to paste into..
however if I used IE11 browser then it was able to access my clipboard and although the "past from word" option doesn't bring in all the text color and highlights and such it seems to work a bit better. I actually got it to paste in the pictures too!
Coordinator
Oct 18, 2016 at 8:35 AM
This issue is related to CKEditor. I'll be updating ckeditor with the latest version asap.
Marked as answer by 2bprojevi on 10/18/2016 at 1:35 AM