This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Installation error

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:06 PM
Hello all,

I've installed KBVault on a Windows 2012 server and the database is created on a different mssql server 2012. Both are on a domain. I've created the database and the files etc but whenever i try to access the website i receive the following error:

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.Detailed Error Information:
Module IIS Web Core
Notification BeginRequest
Handler Not yet determined
Error Code 0x80070021
Config Error This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".
Config File \?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\kb\web.config
Requested URL http://kb:80/ Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\kb Logon Method Not yet determined Logon User Not yet determined Config Source: 62: <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" /> 63: <handlers> 64: <remove name="ExtensionlessUrlHandler-ISAPI-4.0_32bit" />


Can you guide me where to look to solve the problem?
Dec 30, 2015 at 6:49 PM
I am having the same problem. 2012 server, and MSSQL 2014.

Any guidance will be really appreciated.

Is anybody running successfully kbvault under Windows 2012 server?

Your feedback will be really appreciated.

Thank you!
Feb 16, 2016 at 11:06 AM
I am also having this issue. I have followed the installation instructions very carefully but get Error 500 when I try to access the site. I am running IIS7, .NET framework 4.5.2 against SQL Server 2014 on Windows Web server 2008.

Any help greatly appreciated - KB Vault looks like it's just what we need so I'd really like to be able to try it out!
Feb 27, 2016 at 7:26 AM
I found the solution to this error over at StackOverflow - see the following link for details. Essentially, the KBVault site relies on additional IIS components that aren't installed with the default configuration of IIS.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9794985/iis-this-configuration-section-cannot-be-used-at-this-path-configuration-lock

Unfortunately, while this solved the 500 error, a new error followed. Now the site is throwing an error complaining about a missing assembly. Based on my searches it would appear there is a file missing in the current deployment of the site (the System.Web.Http.WebHost DLL is missing from the bin folder). I found the link below at StackOverflow that explains the error.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20323107/could-not-load-file-or-assembly-system-web-http-webhost-after-published-to-azure

I suppose downloading the source code and re-deploying with the missing DLL will do the trick, but I don't think I'm going to take this that far. I'll give this product another shot in the future.
Coordinator
Oct 13, 2016 at 6:53 PM
I've tested v0.5 served by IIS 8.5 on Win2012 server with Sql2012 (same machine) . Latest version should be ok.
Marked as answer by 2bprojevi on 10/27/2016 at 11:57 AM