This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

? about configuration

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:44 PM
Hi, and thanks in advance for taking a look at my question and for your efforts with this project. Its greatly appreciated. So I am installing this on Server 2012 and my SQL server is 2014 and it located on a separate server. What changes do I need to make to the following steps to accommodate the sql being a separate server? Following into steps 13, 14, 15, I'm not sure what I should use for the connection string. Sorry if this seems basic, I am coming over windows and asp from the Linux world MySQL world and its been a bit of an adjustment for me.

Thanks,
Mike
Apr 18, 2016 at 8:59 PM
Mike,

Take a look at step (14) in the guide below:

Detailed Installation
Find the part that says source=.\sqlexpress; (where .\ represents localhost and sqlexpress represents the SQL database instance name 
The format is HOSTNAME\INSTANCENAME

So for a separate SQL server you would need to make sure that the IIS server can ping the SQL server by hostname, otherwise you will have to use the SQL servers IP address.

For example:
source=192.168.1.23\SQLInstance
Or
source=SQLSERVERNAME\SQLInstance
To find the Instance name, launch services.msc and locate the SQL services and the instance name will be in ( ) for example SQL Server (SQL)
Marked as answer by 2bprojevi on 10/13/2016 at 6:06 AM